Student Info →Resources for Students and Parents
Free Scholarship Searches/Financial Aid Info:
- www.fastweb.com An excellent resource for scholarships! Fill out the survey and this web site will generate a list of scholarships that you may qualify for.
- www.wiredscholar.com Sponsored by Sallie Mae (but still FREE,) this web site includes test prep and planning for college financing.
- www.collegeboard.com A comprehensive web site sponsored by the makers of the SAT. This site includes test prep, college searches, and financial aid. Also includes great tips on writing essays for college applications.
- www.educaid.com Great web site for understanding the financial aid process. Sponsored by Wachovia.
- www.brokescholar.com Good financial advice and lots of scholarships.
THE MOST IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID WEB SITE EVER!
Free College Searches:
- www.anycollege.com A quick search engine for a college.
- www.mymajors.com General information on college majors and your interests.
- www.collegehound.org Student PIN: ST3077DMO3806 Do a quick search or complete a survey to find a college that fits your needs.
- www.careersandcolleges.com Find a career, then find a college, or vice versa. Also an opportunity for scholarships.
- www.careercruising.com This web site will not only help you find a career, but also hook you up with a college that offers the appropriate major. One of the best web sites offered for this type of search!
- Student ID: Morton Student Password: highschool
- www.trade-schools.net Trade-Schools.net is an accurate, comprehensive, and current resource of post-secondary educational institutions, including trade schools, colleges, and universities.
Be aware of any web site that asks for credit card information! Also, be wary of providing confidential information!
"The only thing more expensive than getting a college education is the cost of NOT getting an education."